Please take a moment to review our Adoption Process before filling out your application so that you know what to expect:
Creative Cat Care™ is a completely volunteer run organization. All our companion animals available for adoption are cared for in foster homes. Consequently, we require completed applications be submitted and reviewed prior to scheduling a Meet & Greet. Creative Cat Care™ reviews applications to find the best match between adopters and companion animals. Because we are a volunteer run organization, you may experience a delay of a couple days after submitting your application before you are contacted.
- Please review the application below and have all necessary information on hand before starting to fill it out.
- Submit completed application.
- You will receive a followup email requesting your driver’s license number and date of birth for our background check. Please provide this information promptly to keep your application in process. If you don’t receive this email, please check your junk/spam folders.
- Enjoy a telephone interview with one of our volunteers.
- Be patient with us while we do a reference check and listen to all the nice things your references say about you. Understand that sometimes it takes a few days for your references to return our communication requests.
- Schedule a Meet & Greet with the companion animal in their foster home.
- Be patient with us while we select the best fit for both you and the companion animal being adopted.
- Understand that we require a 24 Hour Waiting Period between your Meet & Greet and Gotcha Day. This allows you to prepare the physical space for your new companion and us to process the necessary adoption paperwork.
- On Gotcha Day one of our volunteers will deliver your new companion to your residence. At that time we will ensure you have a transition room set up and ascertain there are no safety concerns or escape routes available for your new companion. A volunteer will stay long enough to make sure that all questions are asked and answered and that the adoption comfort level has been reached.